Sunday, May 15, 2011

Getting Organized

My room where I do all my sewing has been a complete and utter mess for weeks now. I had a table piled so high with random fabrics and items that I couldn't find what I was looking for or it took forever to find something. I was buying extras of stuff like elastic and buttons because I thought I was out. Boy was I wrong on that!

For awhile now my husband has said he would put up this peg board on the wall for me so that I could keep some things up and out of the way when not in use as well as not take up valuable shelf space. This morning I convinced him it HAD to be done so...it got done.


So pretty isn't it??? Well if you ignore that horrible wall paper that we still haven't taken down from when we bought our house. I have both machine's hoops and grid things hung up. The iron, scissors, etc. Even a few rods to hang up clothing items that are completed and ready to shipping or pick up. Only thing missing on that wall now is my thread holder. I want to hang it directly to the left of the peg board but we need to make sure all the parts on it are secure due to the weight of the thread. Some of them have been trying to pop off so for now it's still on my desk.

Now we have my lovely work area. We brought in a 6ft table so I could put my serger on the end instead of having 3 machines on the 1 desk. Then it gives me plenty of space for cutting fabrics and patterns with out having to spread out on the floor.



Last but not least we have my new shelving and storage bins. The shelf has actually been in a closet for awhile now with random stuff thrown all over it. I actually took the time to fold up fabric and items waiting to be embroidered and stack it all neat. So top shelf is like burp cloths, shirts, bibs, blankets, etc. 2nd shelf is fabric, and trust me thats not all of it. But the closet that has 6 shelves of fabric packed in is way to messy to photograph right now. The 3rd shelf is bins of like buttons, elastic, bias tape, trim, and other misc items. Bottom is just spare stuff. Big bin has all my instruction manuals and USB cords. Shipping boxes, etc.
The bin to the right of the shelf has all my ribbon crammed into it. Yes 3 drawers of ribbon all just stuffed in there. One day i want to have dowel rods hung up so I can just slide the spools on and they are ready to go. Maybe that will be my next project.

No comments:

Post a Comment